- To allow for product movement, trim to size or shape only if required to fit in the bottom of your pocket, pouch or purse, such as for pockets with a round or triangular bottom. It can be trimmed to size or shape using scissors, such as for pockets with a round or triangular bottom, or for pagers, necklace or wrist style body products. For pockets, cut the top of the Shield at least 1/2 in. (1.25 cm) longer than your wireless product and the width of your narrowest pocket. To allow for product movement in pouches and purses, trim to size only if it is too large.
- Trace your product on paper, adding at least 1/4 in. (7 mm) to all sides, and cut out the traced shape with scissors.
- Center cut tracing on the bottom of the Shield over the black label (front) and tape it to areas of the Shield that will be discarded after trimming (Figure 1). Carefully cut around tracing. The corners should be rounded to prevent fraying.
|VELCRO Hook Strip And Loop Dot Installation|
- Do not touch the adhesive on VELCRO fasteners.
- For small products such as child monitors and wrist communicators, cut the VELCRO Hook Strip 1/4 in. (7 mm) shorter than the length of your product. For products such as cellular phones, cut the VELCRO Hook Strip 1 in. (2.5 cm) shorter than the length of your product.
- Remove backing and center on the bottom front side of the Shield just above the black label (Figure 2).
- Allow adhesive to set 24 hours. Center the back of your product on the Shield just above the bottom of the black label (front) and press lightly. To remove, hold the Shield with your thumb under an edge of your product and carefully lift the product away from the Shield.
The AegisGuard™ XP Radiation Shield must be positioned between the phone and your body. Place it in your pocket, pouch or purse with the black label (front) facing away from you. Position the phone with an AegisGuard™ Phone and/or Headset Radiation Shield installed so that the front of the phone is facing the front of the AegisGuard™ XP Radiation Shield. The included VELCRO fasteners are not required for this application.
|Cellular Phones In An Automobile|
|Place the phone on the seat so that the front of the phone is facing the roof of the car. Then place the Shield over the phone with the black label facing the roof of the car. Do not allow the Shield to cover the extendable antenna mast if your phone has one.|
|Gently wipe the front of the Shield with a damp sponge or soft cloth and allow to air dry. Do not clean the back of the Shield or use if wet. Do not use the Shield if it is wet, cut, torn or frayed.|